Cookie settings
Windflow West aims to build 60 MW wind capacity in Serbia

Windflow West aims to build 60 MW wind capacity in Serbia

Date: October 13th 2022

Author: Maja Žuvela

Category: En.vision

Topic: Electricity , Renewables

The Belgrade-based company Windflow West is planning to build two wind farms with 60 MW of combined capacity near the southern Serbian town of Vranje, according to a regulatory plan published by the town’s administration.

The detailed regulatory plan, published on the town’s website on Wednesday, shows that six turbines, each one with 10 MW of capacity, have been planned for the Grot and Oblik wind farms. The projects have been slated for early public review, which should be completed on 26 October.

The US company SunFlow Holding owns a 70% stake in Windflow West, while the remaining 30% is held by the Turkish company Enerji Yatirimlari AS, according to Serbia’s business register.

Serbia has stated in its draft national energy and climate plan that it aims to cut greenhouse gas emissions by 40.3% from their 1990 levels and increase its share of renewables in final gross energy consumption to 41% by 2030.

The country, which now produces around two thirds of its energy from coal, also aims to reach a 49.1% share of renewables in power generation, a 50.9% share of renewables in heating and cooling, and a 6.1% share of renewables in transportation by 2030.




There are no news for this selection of filters. Please try a different theme or country.
  • Electricity
  • Oil and oil derivates
  • Renewables
  • Coal
  • Energy policy
  • Ecology
  • CO2 emissions
  • New technologies
  • Economy
  • Heating
  • En.vision
  • Energy Efficiency
  • Nuclear Energy
  • __all__
  • All topics

Subscribe to EN.NEWS

Receive En.news – energy news, interviews and commentaries. They will appear in your e-box every Tuesday and every Thursday, while every Wednesday you can receive our En.trading news. As Energetika.NET reader you will also be informed about energy events in Slovenia and SE Europe.

Your e-mail

SLO SEE & En.Trading news




Data will be used for receivers management and internal marketing research and will not be sold or distributed to third parties. By signing up for news, you are familiar with and agree with our Privacy Policy .
×

SUBSCRIBE TO EN.NEWS


Receive En.news – energy news, interviews and commentaries. They will appear in your e-box every Tuesday and every Thursday, while every Wednesday you can receive our En.trading news. As Energetika.NET reader you will also be informed about energy events



Email address






Data will be used for receivers management and internal marketing research and will not be sold or distributed to third parties.
By signing up for news, you are familiar with and agree with our general conditions.
×