Efficient with energy 009
- Energetika.NET organized the fourth seminar for energy efficiency in industry and buildings, Efficient with energy 009. Focus of this years seminar was How to make maximum profit with minimum investments.
Contemporary business challenges are based on the ability of an enterprise to grasp and produce sound yet rapid decisions made by middle and top management. A company’s competitiveness can be judged by the response-time and their way of tackling different challenges, such as growing energy prices year on year, or the increasingly pronounced climate change impacts. The majority of Slovenian enterprises see energy as one of the fixed expenditures with no significant influence on the overall business operations, while a minority of them has perceived energy as a trend-setting phenomenon, on which they will build their competitive added value. These enterprises are not mistaken as analysts have confirmed increasing limitations on access to sources of energy, as well as the upcoming sixth innovation wave, a phenomenon similar to the fifth innovation wave when internet was invented. Experts envisage an era, in which criteria of successful companies will be set on their commitment to the targets of efficient use of energy, renewable sources of energy and to the development of new cleaner technologies enhancing a sustainable society.
The seminar was dedicated to the issues of energy management in energy intensive industries, buildings, and small and medium-sized enterprises. The seminar provided an opportunity to analyse, along with experts in this field, the proposed solutions in their specific fields of application and environment. The venue was also to gather Slovenian and international experts with rich experience in various fields of energy efficiency. They were selected on the basis of their expertise and references, collected through good-practice examples from specific fields of their activity.
On the seminar we invited:
- Energy managers
- Technical directors
- Financial directors
- Maintenance managers
- Production managers
- Quality managers
- Project managers in energy field
- Energy equipment representitives and agents
Seminar was co-financed by Ministrstvo za okolje in prostor.
Media partner of the seminar was Seeurope.net.
Seminar was supported by Embassy of Sweden in Ljubljana.
- Efficient with energy exposed issues that are currently most important in industry, such as:
- How to reach the end of the (economic) crisis strengthened?
- How to prepare for the next crisis after the economic one which will be an energy crisis (increasing prices, reduced availabiliy, security of supply issues...)
- Many electricity contracts will run out at the end of 2009, therefore companies need support on how to agree good new contracts.
8:30 - 9:00 Participant's registration and morning coffee
9:00 - 9:20 Introductory speaches
- Janez Kopač, MSc, Directorate for Energy
9:20 - 10:00 Plenary session 1: Opening Session - Energy Management – your next best investment opportunity
- A brief look to European discussions and legislation – and the situation in Slovenia and how to turn challenges into success.. with energy management. Tomaž Fatur, MSc, president of management board, Solvera Lynx d.d.
- A standard for Energy Management – supporting enterprises on their way to benefit from efficient use of energy. Richard Hadfield, technical manager, National Standards Authority Ireland.
10:00 - 10:30 Coffee break
10:30 - 13:30 Plenary session 2: Copying Recommended - how businesses (can) move forward
Moderator: Tomaž Fatur, MSc, president of the management board, Solvera Lynx d.d.
- The way to be energy efficient with limited investments. Silvo Balant, head of energy department, Revoz.
- How to implement energy management in company? Bojan Pahor, PhD, advisor to the Board of Directions Chairman, Perutnina Ptuj.
- Monitoring energy performance - case study from Great Britain. Vilnis Vesma, director of Degree Days Direct Ltd and editor of Energy Management Register.
- Are investments in efficient energy use good investments? Blaženka Pospiš Perpar, MSc, project office manager, El-tec Mulej.
15-minutes coffee break
DiscussionRound table "How do innovation in energy sector contribute to competitive position"
- Good practice in detecting and eliminating leaks in compress air system. Confirmed speaker: Rok Trelc, project manager, HPE.
- Examples of good practice of energy efficiency and technologies on the rise in HVAC systems. Danijel Muršič, direktor, Menerga d.o.o.
- How to accede to lighting renovation? Hine Alex Vrtačnik, director, Svetloba d.o.o.
- Moderator: Tanja Mohorič, Director for Innovation Culture and European Projects, Hidria
- Participants: Kajetan Bajt, director, Dr. Nemo; Janez Šmid, technical director, Iskra MIS; Representitive of Solvera Lynx.
13:30 - 14:30 Lunch break
14:30 - 15:30 Workshop "Successful gas and electricity contract awarding"
Moderator: Stane Merše, MSc, head of Energy efficiency center, Institut Jožef Stefan.15:30 Seminar closure
Check previouos seminar
On previous seminar Efficient with energy 008 there were more than 100 participants. More than 15 expert speakers introduced ways for smarter energy use, on afternoon workshops, one about energy management in heavy industry and another on energy management in service industry, participants have, together with moderators, recognizing how solutions work in their specific environment. You can see an abstract and pictures from last year's seminar here (unfortunately only in slovene language for now).
Wethank our sponsors for their support at the seminar. If you wish to present your company at the next seminars do not hesitate to contact us!
The contact person for sponsorships is Matjaž Kovačič. You can call him on + 386 1 40 12 872 or write him on #EM#6d607669657f286c677f6b68656e4e6a7e74607471617f7c7937747e68#EM#.
Co-financed by: Ministrstvo za okolje in prostor.
Media partner: Seeurope.net.
Supported by: Veleposlaništvo Švedske v Sloveniji.
Učinkovito z energijo 008
Financiranje energetskega managementa
En.občina & En.management 017